Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 3 - September 1


When I left camp this morning, I was riding in the mountains of Southern Colorado in less than 30 minutes!  What a great way to start the day.  The weather was great all day long - mostly in the upper 60's and 70's.  That is great riding weather!

After leaving camp, I continue my route to the northeast part of New Mexico. The ride consisted of many mountain roads as well as some open valleys.  I have to tell you - a day of riding these mountains sure does good for the body, heart, and soul.  It is tough to beat!  I have attached just a few pictures from the day for you to enjoy – even though I know the pictures don’t do justice to the beauty of seeing it in person. 

One of the most interesting sites was the Rio Grande Gorge.  The river isn’t that large now, but it sure has made a big hole.

Today’s mileage was about 550 miles.  Grand total to date is almost 1,600 miles. 

Tonight I am staying at a KOA outside of Albuquerque NM.  Tomorrow I will continue to ride west across New Mexico and then across Texas and Oklahoma.  Tomorrow will be another one of those days were the sites may not be that great but needed to get to the next point on this adventure and “capture” some additional states to add to my “states I have ridden in” quest.






No comments:

Post a Comment